These are the Top 10 tips to complete your £1 Coin Collection…

The Great One Pound Coin Race is well underway and lots of you have already managed to complete a full collection of £1 coins.

For those of you that haven’t don’t worry, there’s still time… but it is getting harder!

You’ve only got until 15 October to find all 24 circulating £1 coin designs so here are the Top 10 tips to complete your collection.

Since the release of the new 12-sided £1 coin last month, the new £1 has been turning up everywhere, and that means the round pounds will start to slowly disappear. That’s because the banks will stop issuing the round pounds and will start to take them out of circulation.

Lots of you have also come forward with your own tips and tricks for finding £1 coins…

How to enter the Great One Pound Coin Race

If you haven’t started your Great One Pound Coin Race yet, it’s not too late.  Simply click here to enter today and you too could own a complete collection of £1 coins direct from your change before they’re gone for ever.

This entry was posted in £1 coins, Blog Home and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to These are the Top 10 tips to complete your £1 Coin Collection…

1. Edward leaver says:

I have completed all designs in the change checker album and also have a separate £1 coin collection of each year minted except 1999, does anyone have a 1999 £1 coin for me to swap.
    Also the big question is , as there are £34’s worth of £1 coins not in the album what do you do with them in October ???? Cash them in and lose them forever or keep them as part of British monetary history ???

2. Edward leaver says:

I have Belfast & London cities spare, also three of the four floral £1’s.
    Open to all swaps to the same face value.

3. Neil Brown says:

Still require Edinburgh castle round pound coin any ideas or anyone willing to do a swap

4. Andre Nichols says:

Hi lovely people .I am looking for the Edinburgh. Can any body help .have coins to swop .kind regards Andre

5. joepearson50 says:

I have a falklands island £1 coin, is it rare?I have only found this one in my change over the years

• Alan Cosker says:

As far as I know it is not one of the 25 round pound coins on the collectors list.Are you sure it is a British coin?

6. Raks Gohel says:

Where can I find out how much these collections or part completed collections sell for? Will they be worth anything after they’re taken out of circulation in October? Thanks

7. Dieter Sullivan says:

Have every design and every year in BU condition

8. Gaz says:

Help me please I need the Edinburgh one to finish my set for my Austic lad but they going for silly price on eBay if anyone has got one to sell and not at a silly price would be helpful thanks Gaz

9. MR IAN CAMPBELL STUART says:

All I need is the Scottish coin then all done. I really hope I manage it! I have everyone I know looking for it. Lets hope I get lucky!!

10. Ray lambert says:

Finally completed my full set of one pound coins, including the uncirculated 2016 and the new twelve sided one. How do I manage to get the ‘completers medal?
    And I would like to get my hands on the very first round pound that was meant for clibrating the arcade machines.

11. Stephen Gomersall says:

I am finding the 2011 Edinburgh one pound coin difficult to come by.

12. michael williams says:

having trouble getting the crowed shied if you got one spare ill try exchange it with you or buy it email me at mikebwilliams1@yahoo.co.uk thank you

13. Gaz says:

I just need to coins Edinburgh and the 2016 that did not come in to circulation please help 😉

14. Bernadette says:

I need the Wales Cardiff coin to complete my set if anyone has a spare one

15. Mikem says:

Hi have completed two sets .

16. Alan Cosker says:

I have all twenty five coins no twenty four as there was a 2016 coin made but not circulated.I have some duplicates an a duplicate Mary Rose two pound coin.Is there anyone out here interested .Ring 01792582034 for further information.

17. Tim says:

Complete collection, working in a 2nd collection for my partner. Also doing an extended collection with all the designs but with the extra headache of the full mintage.
    Wish me luck👍👍👍

18. william inkster says:

the only £1 coin I need is 1999

19. Dieter Sullivan says:

I now have One complete set of every year £1 Coins circulated and One complete set of Brilliant Uncirculated £1 coins plus loads of spares.

20. tony hall says:

easy i just o into my local natwest i have an account there and draw £100 out in 50p,s check them then go and put them back in the change deposit wall till it goes straight back into my account then draw it back out in notes i do this twice a week

21. Les kent says:

DONE IT, I have every £1 coin1983 to 2017 all with the inscription the right way up
    PLUS another complete set with every inscription upside down, 87 £1 coins in total.
    Les

• Tony Adams says:

Please explain about the inscription being the right way up and upside down on the pound coins.
      Regards